Grand Staircase

2013/08/01

Nivea, Refreshing Cleansing Mousse - Product Review

Hi! 

I'm sorry for not having posted in a while but things have been kind of hectic around here. I promise from now on to do my best to post as often as I can. Hopefully, I'll manage to do it at least twice a week. 

But let's get down to business. Today I am going to talk about another drugstore/highstreet product, this time a cleansing type of product: the Nivea Daily Essencials/Aqua Effect (the name of the collection varies from country to country) Refreshing Cleansing Mousse.


To be honest, I tend to invest more money in skincare rather than makeup. However no matter how much I enjoy my high-end skincare goodies I have to admit that I would love to find cheaper surrogates. So when I saw this product in the supermarket shelves I felt compelled to give it a try. 

It reads: Refreshing Cleansing Mousse

It reads:
Normal to Combination Skin
Deeply cleanses and hydrates
Vitamin E and Hydra IQ

It is a very interesting product. It comes in a plastic bottle wherein it has a very liquid consistency but when you press the pump the product transforms into a white foam. I have to admit it took me a while getting used to. 





This is a very gentle cleansing product which doesn't strip the skin nor does it leave the skin feeling tight afterwards, meanwhile it does do its job. It works well both if you apply it to dry skin (and take it off with a cloth as advised by Caroline Hirons) or to wet skin during your shower (as I usually do). I didn't enjoy using it so much in the beginnig because I was used to cleansers that left my skin feeling squeaky clean, which this doesn´t. However after a couple of weeks of using this mousse I noticed that my skin was as clean as before and with less dry patches. 

It reads:
- Nivea Aqua Effect Refreshing Cleansing Mousse
Enriched with Vitamin E & Hydra IQ
Deeply cleanses and hydrates the skin
Provides a unique cleansing experience thanks to its extra gentle formula and its pleasant fragrancy
- Application:
Its formula becomes a soft foam during usage. Apply the cleansing mousse, gently massaging the face, neck and décolleté. Avoid contact with the eyes. Remove with water. Discover the new, practical and easy to use, cleansing experience
- Dermatologically tested

Ingredients list

The smell is ok. It is clean, fresh and bit soap like. I always have to use two pumps to wash my face cause one is definitely not enough. That means that it lasts less than the normal Nivea gel cleanser which costs aproximately the same (in Portugal both products cost around 5euros) - if I use them once a day, the mousse lasts about 2-3 months versus the gel that lasts 4-5 months. Despite that, since this is not a very expensive product you might think the formulation is worth the extra money, I know I do.

Do I recommend this product? 

Yes, if:
- You have normal to combination skin (might not be enough for oily skin and there is a specific version of this mousse for dry and sensitive skin)
- You are on the lookout for a cleanser that does its job without stripping your skin of its moisture, leaving it soft and supple afterwards.
- You don't want to spend too much money on a cleanser
- You want a cleanser that doesn't irritate the skin (if you have very sensitive skin you might want to try the mousse in the pink bottle instead).

Pay attention, though:

- Keep in mind that I only use this product in the morning because even though it does its job as cleanser it does not provide such a deep cleaning as I prefer at night. So if you have combination skin or normal skin that gets easily congested you may have to alternate this cleanser with an unclogging one or besides cleansing you have to exfoliate or use a purifying mask a couple of times a week to keep your skin in check.

Will I repurchase it?

- Even though I liked this product it didn't impress me enought to make it onto my "Can't live without them" list. It is a good product and a decently priced  one. It worked really well for me as morning cleanser, especially because I don't think I need such purifying cleansers (as the ones I used to use) in the morning. So I might repurchase this in due time but for now I am really curious to try other cleansers and also it gives me the oportunity to share a larger number of produts with you.

I hope you find this review helpful. And please let me know if there are any products you would be interested in a review.

Yours,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post! I'd also be happy to answer any question you might have!