Grand Staircase

2013/09/02

Biotherm, Aquasource Nuit High Density Hydrating Jelly - Sample Sized

Hello everyone!

As you may have already noticed, I decided to create a new rubric called “Sample Sized”.

In this new rubric I’ll talk about samples of products that I received: either with a purchase, for example, or through those monthly boxes.

I didn’t want to call them product reviews because the amount of product is not enough for me to understand how a product will work in the long run. Will it actually do something? (most products, particularly skincare ones, need to be used for at least 6 weeks before you see any results on your skin) Will it clog my pores? Will it alter the appearance or texture of my skin? Is it worthed the money? And I want my reviews to always be thorough, never rushed opinions.

So, I felt tempted to just use my samples, throw them away and don’t say a thing about them. However, there might be reasons behind me not buying a certain product after having tried the sample that could be useful to you. On the other hand, I may not need a certain product at the moment but might have been very impressed with its sample and so could perhaps advise you to ask for a sample yourself if you are on the hunt for that type of product.

Now you know: those were the reasons behind this new rubric. The first one of the type will be about the Aquasource Nuit High Density Hydrating Jelly.


To be honest I had never tried any of the Biotherm products before and therefore was pleased to find this little one at the bottom of my Sephora bag when I got home (I posted about, if your curious about it: Click here!).


According to the brand:
  •    Your skin loses more water at night than during the day. Biotherm Aquasource Nuit High Density Hydrating Jelly helps to replenish skin with moisture and hydration all night long. Wake up to fresh looking, luminous skin which feels more elastic and radiant, as if reawakened.
  •    Biotherm introduces P.Antarctica, a microorganism able to survive the extreme conditions of the Antarctic due to its incredible capacity to retain water. Enriched with P.Antarctica, Biotherm Aquasource Nuit High Density Hydrating Jelly helps the skin maintain its natural water reserves all night long.
Ingredients

Pretty impressive, right?


I can’t know for sure if it ticks every box from that description but after using it for a week these are my thoughts:
  •           The product itself is a light and refreshing blue gel that smells deliciously like a citrusy dessert.
  •           It provokes a very nice cooling effect when applied to the skin, which is particularly nice in the summer time.
  •           It doesn’t feel heavy at all when you first apply it. (I don’t think this will be moisturizing enough, were my first thoughts – I was mistaken, though). However, even after the product sinks it leaves you skin glowing (a tiny bit greasy looking even – but nothing that isn’t worth suffering through) and if you touch your face, your skin still feels like you’ve just applied moisturizer. 
  •     In the mornings after having used this gel, right from the first one, I could notice a visible difference on my skin. It looked and felt as moisturized as when I first applied the gel. Nothing like other night creams I’d tried (high-end, drugstore, good or bad…), usually by the time I got to the bathroom in the mornings my skin wouldn’t look or feel as plump, as smooth or as radiant as right after having applying my night cream. Much less would it look plumper, smoother and more radiant – yes, that was what this product did.
  •         I believe it doesn’t clog your pores either – but keep in mind I have only used this for a week (the amount of time it took me to get to the end of the sample).




Will I purchase it?

I strongly believe, I will!

I have 4 night creams to finish before I can even think to buy a new one, but certainly this will be one of my first choices when I allow myself to get another moisturizer.

Do I recommend it?

Very much, I loved it from day one! Moreover, this product suits every skin type!

However, and since this is a quite pricey product (35euros for the 50ml bottle at Feelunique.com – 29,75euros now, on sale!) I’d advise you to ask for a sample first and see if your first impressions match mine. I think it might also be helpful to see reviews from people that have actually used the full size product. I know that the famous Brazilian youtuber Camila Coelho does use this product, at least in this video, she does – Removendo a Maquiagem!


Please leave a comment down below with your thoughts on this new rubric. Also, since it’s the beginning of September and both Catrice and Essence are coming up with new stuff, let me know which products you would like me to purchase to review here on the blog!

Yours,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post! I'd also be happy to answer any question you might have!